Monday, February 28, 2011

Stone Temple Pilots, Thank You (The Best Of Stone Temple Pilots) (2003)

Packed with hit after hit after hit, for me this album is 87-odd minutes of notsalgia. It's full of tracks from my youth that I loved at the time and, as years have gone on, simply forgot existed. Who remembers "Plush" from 1992's debut 'Core'? "Big Bang Baby" from their 1996 effort, and the spectacular "Lady Picture Show" from the same album? And then there's "Insterstate Love Song", which I confess is one STP song that I had not forgotten I adored. There's heaps of other absolute classics, and it's just a superb, easy collection to listen to. The acoustic version of "Plush" at the end is a real treat - generic '90s rock voice or not, Scott Weiland really can sing.

Stone Temple Pilots have been described as making "music that sounded great at the time, and even better now" - I can't disagree with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment